Monday, December 29, 2008

What is Sex to You?

What is sex and why do we have it? Seems like a silly question. Simple enough to answer, right? Sex is an action necessary to reproduce. It feels good in order to create a reaction intense enough to make a spasm needed to suck the semen into the uterus into the ovaries so it can plant itself into the egg. That answer doesn't seem to give the action justice. Science has a tendency to kill romance.


What is sex to you and why do you have it? That question is much better. And try to be specific as you can, as I will. Sex to me is a merging of intimacy. I have it because when it's done right it feels incredible but more importantly to me, I do it because I want to share something special with the person who I'm having sex with. I do it because I want to be closer to this person and completely let go. It makes me feel alive and gorgeous. It's being in and out of control at the same time. I do it because it has the power to validate me and my partner, because I want to give this person the gift of myself.


Every one's sex is the same and different at the same time. If u pay attention to detail then you know that your intimate parts are as unique as a finger print. Pheromones make smells that to one person might be unpleasant, but to another would be extremely arousing. The G spot on every woman is located in slightly a different spot within the vagina, but still is never more than about 3inches deep. A mans penis can be any size, shape, width, curve or texture. Another vagina can never feel like mine, taste like mine or move like mine.


So do I feel that sex is something meant to be experienced with many people? For me it's not. Sex is meant to be experienced with as many people it takes to make you fully aware and knowledgeable of your own sexuality. That could be one person or 100. It all depends on you, the choices you make and whether or not the environment you were raised in allowed you to be fully expressive of your sexuality. i.e if your family allows you privacy in your home or if they allow you to freely talk about or question your sexuality in a knowledgeable environment.


In my case, sex was never an uncomfortable subject to bring up in my household. There were no taboo subjects in my home at all, which made me free to observe and question from a safe enough distance for me to satisfy my small curiosities without ever getting myself into a situation that I wasn't prepared to handle. Because if you get yourself into a situation you can't handle at school, there is tutoring and people you can ask, but if you get into something you can't handle sexually and there's no one you feel free to talk to, that can stick with you for the rest of your life.

The nonchalant attitude that my generation has about sex makes me realize that I could not share a sexual experience with someone who didn't share my values sexually. If I do, I put myself at risk in many ways. Not only do I put myself at risk for disease or pregnancy, but I've given the gift of my body and mind while the other person sees me as little more than a sex toy. Sex in a way is like love, in that it is such rewarding experience that why should you be expected to share it with just anyone? A common misconception about women is that they always equate sex with emotion, but that's not true of all women in this generation, just as its not true that all men don't equate sex with emotion. Sex is one of those things that the more you put into it the more you get out of it. You can do anything in life without emotion, but it seems like a waste of such a passionate aspect ingrained in our personalities.


Sometimes its necessary to have sex in order to experience some aspect of your sexuality, and as long as you don't compromise your own morals or health, than that aspect of sex can be just as important as the kind you have when you're in love. When it comes to sex there's no wrong answer, only bad choices. Bad choices are made when you have bad information, so don't wait for somebody to teach you, you have to educate yourself. Because being abstinent shouldn't make you ignorant and being active shouldn't have to put you at risk. No one can tell you about your body or state of mind. So tell me, what is sex to you and why do you have it?

Listen to the show
www.BlogTalkRadio.com/GettinKinky
Or
Download the FREE podcast on ITunes or Zune
And
Request us
www.Myspace.com/GettinKinky

2 comments:

  1. How delightful to discover your blog -- thank you for posting a comment on mine to let me know about yours.

    I love what you said about what sex means to you -- merging, intimacy, sharing, exhilaration. I feel that way also, and here I am 43 years older than you. May you enjoy a lifetime of sensuality and joy.

    Joan Price

    author of Better Than I Ever Expected: Straight Talk about Sex After Sixty (http://www.joanprice.com/BetterThanExpected.htm)

    Join us -- we're talking about ageless sexuality at http://www.betterthanieverexpected.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to read your comments on my show. If you do not want your name read, please sign your comment "annonymous"