Sunday, December 14, 2008

All is Fair in Business and Intercourse

Yesterday, Tre Black of Power 105.1 invited my manager and I to his show. As I walked into the Clear Channel building past KTU and Lite FM (all the stations that used to be on my preset when I had a car) I felt a rush of excitement, nervousness and a refreshed determination. After showing me a tremendous amount of love on his show, shouting Gettin' Kinky w/ Chia out to all of NYC, we had a very interesting conversation over sushi and plum wine. A conversation that was made even more interesting since my manager doesn't drink.

Tre Black had been on my show that Wednesday and had listened to it previously, so he had some valuable feedback. Some of the most curious advice he offered jokingly was that it would benefit the show if I slept with Chad, who is my manager and co-host. I understand the advice. Being the host of a sex and relationship talk show, I know the theory of sleeping with someone you're close to in order to alleviate tension. Although I can't even imagine how much tension that sleeping with my manager would create.

Besides, why are women so often expected to sleep with their managers on their way to success? I'm not Mariah Carey, Celine Dion or Super Head and that's not the way I want to claim my fame. The only time that I've heard of a man doing the same is in Boomerang with Eddie Murphy. I guess being the host of a sex talk show allows for some misconceptions but I am very picky about the men I sleep with; I'm not interested in sleeping with any man, even Chad, for business purposes.

Tre Black gave us some great advice that night. He challenged the way we thought about the show. He made us think about the next level and about what makes us stand out. I think I may know what it is. I think it's because we challenge you to think about things that you sometimes would rather not think about. In the process we learn things about ourselves that mold us. We don't talk at you, we speak with you. We're honest about things that it's hard to be honest about, adding a spoon full of sugar to a medicine that can be hard to swallow.

The dynamic between my co-host and I is incomparable. Even without us ever having slept together, we are able to finish each others sentences, know each others thoughts with a look and argue without holding a grudge. And believe me, we argue on the show and off. That's the way to get to know a person. As my cast and I experience new things, you are able to go through them with us. And in return we go through it with you, because it's hard to go through life's challenges alone.

We're not just a show, we're a movement of self awareness. We don't claim to know all the answers but we know that talking about it in a non judgemental environment will give you the tools to make the right choices by looking for the answers within yourself. We're proud to gain your trust, grateful for the time you spend with us and anxious to repay you for the love you've shown us.

So thank you Tre Black of Power 105.1 FM for your advice, candidness and for challenging us to hold a mirror up to ourselves, but I'll pass on the sex with with my co-host, hopefully we'll have a great show anyway ;)

Listen to Gettin' Kinky w/ Chia
www.BlogTalkRadio.com/GettinKinky
Or
Download us onto your ipod FREE via ITunes or Zune
And
Check us out on
www.Myspace.com/GettinKinky
to learn more about past and upcomming shows

1 comment:

  1. So true Chia, at least in my case the reason i love being a part of it is that i can get my ideas heared without fearing i will be judged, and that's something i rarely find here in Romania.I wanted to thank you for the support and i wanna let you know i got my friends my family all listening because we all need the advice.Always keep up the good work, and i'd love for you guys to come to Romania some day, and see everything through "my eyes".Thanks again for all the love.
    Adelina

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to read your comments on my show. If you do not want your name read, please sign your comment "annonymous"